Name That Platform - Shazam
Are you looking for cool, new, or emerging technology for your next campaign, to impress a client, or just to expand your knowledge of what’s out there? Here are some quick notes from when Shazam came to the office. These learnings can apply to any and all accounts.
- Shazam is a mobile app that recognizes music and TV around you. It is the best way to discover, explore and share the music and TV you love.
- Shazam audio doesn’t necessarily keep you in the platform. It allows users to link out to a branded or sponsored playlist on any platform.
- The platform has full-scale production capabilities including AR and VR. It can also partner to create art, videos and experiences.
- Users can Shazam a variety of things: in-store displays and packaging, print ads, out of home billboards and posters, TV spots, films, using ibeacons, t-shirts, cups, etc. Users can also Shazam live events on TV like the Super Bowl or the Golden Globes providing a great way to link traditional media and second screen digital media.
- Shazam is standard on the Apple Watch and will come standard and fully installed on the iPhone 8.
- Shazam offers truly on-point retargeting opportunities.
- Siri on the iPhone has Shazam audio capabilities even if Shazam has not been downloaded on a phone. Siri can Shazam it for you.
- Shazam can target a specific audiences with ads, content and experiences based on what they are Shazam-ing. For example, a user can send a spot and coupon to everyone in America who Shazam-ed a JLo song in the past 5 minutes.
- Shazam has live capabilities. For example, shazam-ing from a JLo concert could unlock a livestream of back stage.
- Shazam ibeacons bring a new level of engagement to event like music festivals, providing a great way to link real world and digital.