- With Leah Kennedy, Project Manager
Project Manager Leah Kennedy shares her top 5 ice cream spots in NYC – and reasons why.
As an ice cream lover, I take this list very seriously. These are not your run of the mill single-scoop-of-chocolate-or-vanilla-served-in-a-sugar-cone ice cream places – although I’m sure their scoops of chocolate and vanilla are really, really good.
- Morgenstern’s – Their lemon cardamom jam ice cream with pickled pineapple topping is my favorite ice cream in the city and gets a perfect 10 for flavors and creativity.
2. Ample Hills Creamery – Every college kid’s midnight-study-session-deliriously-dreamed-up ice cream flavor comes true here. I’m talking chocolate covered potato chips in ice cream. Enough said.
3. Ice and Vice – The most unique ice cream flavors in the city, and they have different flavored cones and marshmallows to create insane flavor combinations. It also holds a special place in my heart because it reminds me of my first real ice cream love from my college home: Salt & Straw in Portland, OR.
4. 10Below – This was one of the most hyped openings and one of the most Instagrammed foods of 2015 for a reason (I think it made it on mine 4 times). Thai rolled ice cream means you get to watch your ice cream get made in front of you. It’s always picture perfect, it tastes amazing (better than it has to be, given how aesthetically pleasing it is), and the best part is you can add unlimited toppings, including roasted marshmallows.
5. Can it be a toss up between Big Gay Ice Cream and Four and Twenty Blackbirds? Because any place that drizzles blood orange balsamic on soft serve has to make my list. But also pie.