Name That Platform - The Onion
The Onion came to lunch. And boy was it pungent. Just kidding.
- The Onion, America’s (farcical) "finest news source," has a lot of great partnership opportunities. And its showing up in a lot of appropriate places -- like on Snapchat Discover.
- The Onion is dedicating a team of five to produce 15 new pieces of content per day and poised for some strong native branded content.
- The Onion has partnered with the Facebook Anthology group to pump up their creative and media offering for brands. And with extensions like the Buzzfeed/HuffPo site ClickHole, and the music/movie/entertainment site AV Club, they have the clever spoof news sector covered.
- While they have their own in-house, full-service production company, they are open to all levels of collaboration – from creative through to production.
- Agencies can collaborate with The Onion on native content, ‘white labeled’ content and anything in between.
- The Onion has worked with ad agencies for brands like Ford and Jack Daniels.
- A great example is their case study done for a collective of PC brands. With Kenan Thompson played a motivational/self-help/TV doctor, they created trending "dad spoof" content helping young people get cool computers — not "dad computers.” Within their 6-week rollout, their series of 9 short videos earned 22 million views, added 13 points on consumer recall and saw a 3-point jump in consumer purchase intent.
- Yes, they measure campaign metrics too.