January: Five Ways McCanners Can Stick to their New Year’s Resolutions
Now that we’re all back in the office, the holidays seems like a concept of the past. Let alone those resolutions made in the wee hours of January 1st. So if you’ve already fallen off the resolution wagon, here are some tips to get you back on track:
1. Resolving to get healthier is everyone’s default resolution, but the associated monotony of hitting the treadmill is SO 2016. Solution: McCann Learning & Development Associate Chavonne Hodges has a side hustle as a trainer in her amazing class, “Trap Aerobics.”Bust a move and break a sweat by dancing to music we’re all trying to get down to, and maybe even break a smile while you do it! Her class is located in SoHo, so really, none of us have an excuse. Check out her YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkSAPgEQ9yA
2. If you’re like me and you resolved to stack some money to invest in a getaway, McCanners have a leg up with Orion Deals and Plum Benefits, two resources that offer travel plans at a major discount. Check it out, and try to dream of warmer times during this frigid January.
3. After coming back from the rest and relaxation of the holidays, it’s easy to get bogged down with work. Have your friends been texting you, asking where you’ve been hiding? Find some headspace at the weekly McCann happy hours, Thursdays @5. Grab a drink and a board game and play catch up. Bonus? In 2017, there will be a live DJ once a month.
4. Now that we’ve addressed our bodies, wallets and friends, let’s move onto our minds. McCanners have a ton of great perks including FREE entry to the Whitney when you flash your McCann ID. That’s an easy way to hit two resolutions at once – saving some cash and getting some culture. Additionally, the MET currently has an exhibit for Kerry James Marshall that’s definitely worth a visit. It ends January 29th, so make sure you find some time to stop by!
5. Finally, let’s resolve to love ourselves a little more than we did in the less-than-cute year that was 2016. As always, McCanners get an awesome discount at the L’Oreal store so hop to Hudson Yards and find something that makes you feel good. For me personally, it’s some quality lotion to keep lathered up during this final push of winter.
So there you go.
You’ve got some tips — some of them right here in our very office.
What’s your excuse now?