McCann Travels: 5 days in Paris – with Erin Turkel, Manager, Employee Engagement & Culture
Last spring, I traveled to Paris to run the marathon. But I also found plenty of time to see the sights. Here are my top 5 must-do’s in the City of Lights.
1. Drink wine under the Eiffel Tower at night – this sounds cliché, but it really is extremely beautiful. It feels so magical each time the lights twinkle, every hour.
2. Eat as many croissants as possible – they are the absolute best in Paris. You really can’t go wrong with any of the pastries, but the croissants are the perfect combination of flaky and buttery.
3. Go to the top of the Arc de Triomphe – Another touristy attraction, but the views are breathtaking. You can see everything in the city from the Champs-Élysées to the Eiffel tower to the Louvre and all around the Seine.
4. Visit Jardin du Luxembourg – I have never seen more flowers in bloom in my entire life. The entire place is filled with brightly colored flowers and the greenest grass I’ve ever seen. Even though you are in the middle of a big city, you feel like you could be in the middle of nowhere.
5. Wander! (the 17th Arrondissement is my favorite) – Paris has so many amazing cafés, restaurants, bakeries, flower shops, clothing stores and street art that you only come across if you’re on foot. Take your time walking up and down the side streets; there is something amazing with each turn. My favorite street was a pedestrian-only street where all the markets were outside on the sidewalk.