Best Ads From Super Bowl 51
Joyce King Thomas - President and Chief Creative Officer of McCannXBC
- Einstein Playing Gaga: Ad as art. With brilliant placement. Darn you, Eric Silver.
- Melissa McCarthy for Kia: No one’s better at physical comedy than her. This ad lets her shine—and sells the car.
- Skittles: Surprising and made me laugh.
- Airbnb: Gotta love a company with a soul
- 10 Hair Product: The truth is a beautiful thing.
Katie Henry - Integrated Producer/Photographer
- AirBnB: All the feels. #weaccept
- Bai Bai: Anything with Christopher Walken is gold.
- Expedia: The beauty of travel is that you grow as a human, you see things differently than the one’s less traveled.
- Audi: Chills. I got the chills from this and now I plan on buying my niece an Audi…in 16 years.
- Mr. Clean: 50 Shades of Clean. Second-hand embarrassment to the extreme but I laughed.
Margaret Holmes - Mayoress of McCann/Executive Assistant, McCann Worldgroup
- Bai, (Bai, Bai): Because just when you think Mr. Deerhunter Christopher Walken reading N’Sync lyrics is amazing enough, the camera pans to Justin Timberlake and every girl aged 16-46 is screaming their heads off.
- Budweiser's "Born the Hard Way": Very clever spot that touches on many themes and has you thinking about them longer after it airs. Beautifully shot. 2+ years ago this would be have framed as the American Dream in action. Hopefully today it informs some of our red-state friends that the King of Beers wouldn’t be here without immigrants and reminds them that America was built by immigrants.
- Kia's "Hero's Journey": Melissa McCarthy + Physical Comedy = Funny, Funny, FUNNY.
- Squarespace, “Who is John Malkovich?”: 30 lovely seconds of John Malkovich Being John Malkovich
- Avocados from Mexico: Who doesn’t love a little subliminal advertising?