McCann Travels: 8 Days in Greece with Lauren Demarest, Senior Integrated Creative
24 hours in Athens:
- Do the walking tour of the ancient ruins. The most incredible part of Athens is the old stuff. A guide will show you the National Gardens, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch, and up the Acropolis.
- In the evening walk, ship, and dine on The Plaka.
3 Days in Santorini:
- Visit a vineyard and taste wine! Santorini is known for its wines. I recommend Santo Winery. The view is incredi- ble.
- Rent a catamaran to snorkel and see the sunset. The island is most beautiful seen from the Agean Sea. Our crew cooked us an incredible dinner on board.
- Go to Pyrgos. Oia and Fira are the two most popular towns on the island. But Pyrgos is the most charming.
- See the Red Beach. It’s a trek down there, but the red cliffs and crystal waters are worth the precarious little hike.
4 Days in Mykonos:
- Beaches! They are all lovely. I hit up Paraga, Gianni, and Ornos beaches. You can get a cabana for 20 Euro or less for the whole day.
- The windmills! Mykonos is a windy island, so the landscape is bespeckled with old, beautiful windmills.
- Little Venice is a darling little strip of restaurants and bars that butts right up againt the water. The water splashes right up to you. It’s not to be missed.