What Are You Listening To
With the Grammy’s coming up this weekend, we caught up with McCanners about what their favorite music to listen to is. Here is what they said:
1. Alice Genao, Receptionist: Cardi B “She started her music career only one year ago and is already a Grammy nominated signer, she is really changing the music game”.
2. Michelle Calabro, Strategy Associate: Anemone by the Brian Jonestown Massacre because “it is such a beautiful song”.
3. Carlina Estevez, Catering Supervisor: Romeo Santos because “he is a complete artist, he writes his own music and his song lyrics are amazing”.
4. Christine Carson, Junior Business Manager Global Rights: The Beatles because “the harmonies are like pure, delicious butter on a warm piece of fresh toast. I respect them because they were the first of their kind to write, play, and record their music – the full package! For those of us who didn’t experience “Beatlemania,” The Beatles have always been there – they are like the air, or water – an incredible, timeless piece of culture.”
5. Elly Dembo, Senior Strategy Associate: The XX, because “it always relaxes me”.
6. Maya Gershoni, Designer: Tracy Chapman because it brings back “memories of summer camp, 1999–not ashamed to admit I lip-synced in the talent show with my teddy bear”.
7. Rosalind Mowitt, Senior Strategist: SZA because “her lyrics are amazing, they are funny but poignant. She has been on the up and up for a long time and I’m really happy she is doing well!”
8. Danielle Alavian, Talent Operations Coordinator: Gwen Stefani, “I loved her in No Doubt/she was my 1st concert/ my trademark phrase is to describe something crazy as 'bananas’ and I love her harajuku girl background dancers!”.
9. Demetrios Haralampoudis, Chef Manager: ACDC, because “it was my first concert and it always puts me in a good mood”.
10. Abbe Sublett, Designer: Taylor Swift