McCann Q is Back
McCannQ is back! Our in-house LGBTQ* advocacy group is is eager to get to work in 2018 and is focusing its efforts in the following ways:
- Creating an internal community: Feeling alone can be a challenge as a minority in the corporate world, so this group is here as an extra safe space, and to help create connections between everyone. Think: happy hours, snacks, sports, fun stuff!
- Continuing to foster an inclusive workspace: At our 2017 year-end meeting, it felt good to hear people were feeling overwhelmingly positive about being LGBTQ at McCann. We want to keep that up, especially as understanding of sexuality and gender in culture continue to shift
- Being an internal resource: McCannQ is aiming to be a stronger internal sounding board for any LGBTQ-related client work. Combining agency-expertise and real-world lived experience, we want to be able to provide perspective for you and your clients’ work.
- Hosting agency events: Whether it’s a film screening, panel, ask-me-anything Q&A, or drinks, we want to be an active part of increasing the agency’s knowledge around the LGBTQ community
- Serving the wider community: We’re looking into different ways to give back to NYC through LGBTQ-community service
McCannQ's next event will be a client project brainstorm on Wednesday, January 10, at 11am in room 19-100.
To RSVP to the brainstorm, or if you have any questions at all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Just in case: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer